We keep your personal information personal and private. We will not sell, rent, share, or otherwise disclose your personal information to anyone except as necessary to provide our services or as otherwise described in this Policy.
2. FROM WHOM WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
This Policy applies to our collection, use, and disclosure of the personal information of our Website's visitors ("you" or "your"): Individuals who visit our Website and who may volunteer certain contact data (such as their email address) to receive communications from us.
3. NOTE FOR MINORS
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of consent (as determined under the applicable laws where the individual resides; “Age of Consent”). By accessing, using or interacting with our Website, you certify to us that you are not under the Age of Consent. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from an individual under the Age of Consent without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information upon discovery. If you believe that we might have any information from or about an individual under the Age of Consent, then please contact us through the contact details available below.
4. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
- Name, email address, and other contact information. We ask for and—at your option—collect your contact data (such as name and email address) from you when you choose to use interactive features of the Websites, including subscribing to news by the Website), requesting customer support, or otherwise communicating with us. We will send such communications in accordance with applicable law.
- Log Files. Just as when you visit and interact with most websites and services delivered via the Internet, when you visit our Website, we gather certain information and store it in log files. This information may include but is not limited to Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, system configuration information, URLs of referring pages, and locale and language preferences.
5. LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING:
Please note that our legal basis for collecting and using your personal information will depend on the personal information collected and the specific context in which we collect it. We normally collect personal information from you only where: (a) we have your consent to do so, (b) where we need your personal information to perform a contract with you (such as to deliver our services you have requested), (c) where the processing is in our legitimate interests (such as for direct marketing purposes); or (d) where we are required to collect, retain or share such information under applicable laws.
Where we rely on your consent to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw or decline consent at any time. Where we rely on our legitimate interests to process your personal data, you have the right to object.
If you have any questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us through the contact details available below.
6. HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
We only process personal information in a way that is compatible with and relevant for the purpose for which it was collected or authorized. As a general matter, we may use the information we collect (including personal information, to the extent applicable) to:
- Send communications, in accordance with your communication preferences, such as providing you with newsletter updates, articles and news updates, or other messages;
- Provide, operate, maintain, improve, and promote the Website and services;
- Enable you to access and use our services;
- Send messages, including responses to your comments, questions, and requests;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with the Website and services;
- Comply with legal obligations as well as to investigate and prevent unauthorized access to the services and other illegal activities;
- Process for other purposes for which we obtain your consent.
7. HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may share your information with others in the following circumstances:
- With EU Institutions, NATO or the Belgian Government;
- When we are required to disclose personal information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- Where we have a good-faith belief sharing is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our Service Agreement, or as otherwise required to comply with our legal obligations; or
- As you may otherwise consent from time to time.
8. INTERNATIONAL INFORMATION TRANSFERS
Whenever we share personal information originating in the EEA or Switzerland with an entity outside the EEA or Switzerland, it will do so on the basis of the EU standard contractual clauses or the Privacy Shield Framework.
9. DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS
You may request to:
- Receive confirmation as to whether or not personal information concerning you is being processed, and access your stored personal information, together with certain supplementary information.
- Receive personal information you directly volunteer to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- Request rectification of your personal information that is in our control.
- Request erasure of your personal information.
- Object to the processing of personal information by us.
- Request to restrict processing of your personal information by us.
- However, please note that these rights are not absolute, and may be subject to our own legitimate interests and regulatory requirements. You also have a right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to operate our Website and fulfill the above purposes. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our policies. Retention periods shall be determined taking into account the type of information that is collected and the purpose for which it is collected for, bearing in mind the requirements applicable to the situation and the need to destroy outdated, unused information at the earliest reasonable time.
11. DATA SECURITY
We have implemented administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to help prevent unauthorized access, use, or disclosure of your personal information.
While we seek to protect your information to ensure that it is kept confidential, we cannot guarantee the security of any information. You should be aware that there is always some risk involved in transmitting information over the internet and that there is also some risk that others could find a way to thwart our security systems. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security and privacy of your personal information or other content you transmit using the Services or Websites, and you do so at your own risk. Thus, we encourage you to exercise discretion regarding the personal information you choose to disclose.
14. CONTACT INFORMATION
Résidence Palace - bloc C - bureau 2.257
Rue de la Loi 155 - 1040 Bruxelles
Tel: +32 2 235 2224
Last Updated On: 5 September 2018