The International Press Association (API) represents foreign journalists accredited to the EU and NATO institutions and defends their professional interests.
API facilitates the work of foreign journalists in Belgium by:
- Giving them a voice within the European institutions, NATO and other international organisations.
- Facilitating communication with Belgian authorities on bureaucratic matters.
- Providing solutions to daily problems foreign journalists face. These can include accreditation, working conditions in the institutions' press rooms, technical issues, relations with spokespersons, and access to meetings and offices.
- Supporting journalists in need through its Solidarity Fund which helps colleagues facing adverse personal or professional circumstances.
- Supplying members with the Belgian Press Card, recognised by the Belgian state institutions. This offers additional benefits such as free transport on SNCB-trains (2nd class) throughout Belgium, 24 hours of free parking at Zaventem airport, 50% discount on Business class on Brussels Airlines and free access to several museums and other venues.
(Please note – these benefits depend on agreements with our partners that are subject to constant review. API does its best to keep this list up-to-date. However, the association takes no responsibility for subsequent modifications).